Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Prospero and Sycorax


Prospero and Sycorax

Prospero
What is this white spirit sort of creature?
Ariel
I am Ariel, I am stuck in this willow tree please help.
Prospero
There you go, (pulling the Ariel out) by the way who stuck you in here?
Ariel
Sycorax of course, she lives in that dark cave over there, with Caliban and Elaban her daughters.
Prospero
Come on let’s go, no need to be scared.
Ariel
But Sycorax is the most powerful on the island.
Prospero
(Taking his staff) Well it’s going to be me now!
Ariel
But you can’t! (Trying to stop Prospero) Caliban and Elaban her daughter’s, they may only be children, but they are dangerous.
Prospero
Well I’ve got a daughter to, her mother died when she was born. Miranda come here please!
Miranda
What do you want father? ( coming in a rush) I was practicing my maths you taught me.
Prospero
I was just going to say to not to come here till an hour has past please. ( Turning his face to Ariel) See! Come on let’s go
Ariel
What will you do with them then?
Prospero
Make them my slaves of course.
Ariel
But …
Prospero
No buts.

Next Scene
Sycorax
Caliban! Elaban! Dinners done, we can rest for an hour now.
Elaban
Okoy mun ( speaks strangely because she is two years old)
Caliban
Okay mum
Prospero
(Comes in) What have we here?
Sycorax
(Sees Prospero) Who are you?
Prospero
I see you are Sycorax; I am Prospero, the duke of Milan as well as a wizard.
Sycorax
Prospero
Your wizard pixie magic can’t defend me.
Well let’s see…

No comments:

Post a Comment